2013 CORSET WITH PIPINGS
You need: satin, lace; separating zip; metal/plastic bones; stiff organza (lining), fusing.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
SEAM ALLOWANCES: 2 cm for back middle seam (to stitch the zipper). 1 cm for other seams
ATTENTION! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (minimal width is 140 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric details).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE COINCIDING!
PLEASE KEEP BEAM THREAD DIRECTION.
1. All corset pieces as well as pipings (you can use the sating as lining also).
1. All corset pieces
1. All main corset pieces excluding pipings
1. All corset pieces as well as pipings
1. Set metal/plastic bones which are 2 cm shorter than seam length (to make sewing more comfortable) in bodice seams.
2. The zipper is in middle back seam.
3. Apply the fusing to pipings. Press upper piping_1 along the center (as at the pattern for pressing the piping_1), then stitch it into corset upper front/back edges.
4. Press upper piping_2, then topstitch it on front/back parts (with raw edge) at 4.5 cm from upper edge. Upper piping must overlap the seam joining next piping.
5. Press lower piping_1 and lower piping_2 along the center; topstitch them to front/back part beginning at waist and continuing down the lines shown at front center part.