You need: stiff natural/mixed fabric, faux/natural leather; fusing, lining, zipper, 2 zippers for inner pockets.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
Seam allowances: 1 cm for all seams. 2 cm for upper edge of partition pocket.
ATTENTION! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric details).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE COINCIDING!
1. Center part – 2 pieces
2. Bottom – 1 piece
3. Handle – 2 pieces
4. Small decorative detail – 1 piece
5. Large decorative detail – 2 pieces
6. Upper facing – 2 pieces
7. Zipper facing – 2 pieces
1. Bag lining – 2 pieces
2. Zipper facing – 2 pieces
3. Large sacking – 1 piece
4. Small sacking – 1 piece
5. Partition pocket – 2 pieces
Fusing: center part, bottom, handles.
1. Apply the fusing to wrong side of center part/bottom/handles.
2. Fold the handle along the center wrong side out and overstitch its long edge. Turn the handle right side out and press it. Make decorative stitch at 0.2 cm from the edge. Turn the handle twice and fix short edges with stitching at 0.5 cm from edges.
3. Fold decorative detail along the center wrong side out and overstitch its long edge. Turn the detail right side out and press it. Make decorative stitching at 0.2 cm from edges.
4. Stitch side seams inserting decorative details.
5. Stitch the bottom into the band slashing corners.
6. Stitch zipper facing and lining facing right sides together inserting the zipper. Fold facings into right side and make decorative stitching along zipper teeth.
7. Stitch upper facings’ side edges. Stitch upper facing to zipper facing slashing corners.
8. Mark inner pocket at the lining. Strengthen zipper place with the fusing. Cut a slit along the pocket entrance, make slashes at 1-1.5 cm from pocket end. Fold seam allowances into left side. Lay the zipper under pocket entrance edge with its teeth visible. Topstitch pocket entrance at 0.2 cm front the edge. Stitch large sacking to zipper upper braid, stitch small sacking to lower braid. Stitch lining edges.
9. Cut lining flaps of 4 cm length and 3 cm width. Fold partition pocket’s upper allowances into wrong side, then topstitch. Lay flaps half-and-half, lay them on the zipper's both sides. Lay partition pocket pieces on the zipper (lining does not hide zipper teeth), then topstitch. Stitch lower edge laying details right sides together, then turn them right side out and make stitching 0.5 cm above the previous one (on right side). Cut zipper ends so that the zipper does not overlap side allowances.
10. Stitch lining side edges inserting partition pocket. Fold the lining: side/lower edges must be at the same level. Stitch the corner. Stitch lower edge leaving a hole to turn the bag right side out.
11. Stitch the lining to zipper facing along the seam joining the bag facing.
12. Lay upper facing with the lining on the bag right sides together, then stitch them together along upper edge inserting handles.
13. Turn the bag right side out through the hole. Stitch the hole.