You need: stiff natural/mixed fabric (cotton velvet, fabric suitable for suits); fusing, lining, 2 concealed zips.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
Seam allowances: 1 cm for all.
ATTENTION! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric details).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE COINCIDING!
1. Main part – 2 pieces
2. Upper part – 2pieces
3. Handle – 1 piece
1. Main part – 4 pieces
Fusing: main/upper part, handles.
1. Apply the fusing to wrong side of main/upper part and handles.
2. Fold the handle along the center wring side out, overstitch long edge. Turn the detail right side out and press it. Make stitching at 0.2 cm from the edge. Fold short edges under and topstitch on main parts.
3. Lay main part on the lining right sides together, insert the zipper between them. Stitch close to zipper teeth. Stitch zipper another part between upper part and lining main part. Do the same for another main part and the zipper.
4. Stitch upper parts’ lower edges together.
5. Stitch lining/fabric side edges between lower part and the zipper. Stitch side edge between upper part and the second mark straightening the zipper.
6. Stitch main parts’ lower edges. Fold bag’s corner: side seam and lower seam above one another.
7. Stitch lining main parts’ lower edges leaving a hole to turn the bag right side out. Fold bag’s corner: side seam and lower seam above one another. Make stitching crosswise side/lower seams.
8. Turn the bag right side out. Stitch the hole