You need: stiff natural/mixed fabric, faux/natural leather; fusing, lining, zipper, 4 rings, 2 zippers for inner pockets.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
Seam allowances: 1 cm for all seams. 2 cm for partition pocket’s upper edge.
ATTENTION! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric details).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE COINCIDING!
1. Center part – 2 pieces
2. Side upper part – 4 pieces
3. Side lower part – 4 pieces
4. Handle – 2 pieces
5. Bottom – 1 piece
6. Facing – 2 pieces
7. Zipper facing – 2 pieces
1. Main lining – 2 pieces
2. Side lower part – 4 pieces
3. Bottom – 1 piece
4. Zipper facing – 2 pieces
5. Large sacking – 1 piece
6. Small sacking – 1 piece
7. Partition pocket – 2 pieces
Fusing: center part, side upper part, side lower part, facing, zipper facing, bottom, handles.
1. Apply the fusing to wrong side of center part, side upper part, side lower part, facing, zipper facing, bottom and handles.
2. Lay fabric side lower part and lining side lower part right sides together, overstitch them along upper edge. Turn them right side out and make decorative stitch at 0.5 cm from the edge. Lay side lower part on side upper part, fix them along edges and stitch to center part.
3. Stitch facing’s side edges.
4. Mark inner pocket at the lining. Strengthen zipper place with the fusing. Cut a slit along the pocket entrance, make slashes at 1-1.5 cm from pocket end. Fold seam allowances into left side. Lay the zipper under pocket entrance edge with its teeth visible. Topstitch pocket entrance at 0.2 cm front the edge. Stitch large sacking to zipper upper braid, stitch small sacking to lower braid. Stitch lining edges.
5. Cut lining flaps of 4 cm length and 2 cm width. Fold partition pocket’s upper allowances into wrong side, then topstitch. Lay flaps half-and-half, lay them on the zipper's both sides. Lay partition pocket pieces on the zipper (lining does not hide zipper teeth), then topstitch. Cut zipper ends so that the zipper does not overlap side allowances.
6. Stitch lining side edges inserting partition pocket.
7. Stitch zipper facing to facing’s lining right sides together inserting the zipper. Fold facings into right side. Make a stitching along zipper teeth.
8. Stitch upper facing to zipper facing slashing corners. Stitch the lining to facing’s lining along the seam joining upper facing.
9. Stitch bag’s side edges.
10. Lay upper facing on the bag right sides together. Overstitch along upper edge slashing corners. Fold loops (for rings) into the bag and topstitch them.
11. Stitch the bottom to the bag slashing corners.
12. Stitch lining bottom to bag lining leaving a hole. Turn the bag right side out. Stitch the hole.
13. Fold the handle along the center, fold long allowances into wrong side, then topstitch. Pull handle end into the ring, fold the allowances under, then topstitch.