You need: stiff natural/mixed fabric, faux/natural leather; fusing, lining, zipper, 4 rings, 2 zippers for inner pockets, decorative cord, 2 clasps.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
Seam allowances: 1 cm for all seams. 2 cm for partition pocket’s upper edge.
ATTENTION! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric details).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE COINCIDING!
1. Main part – 4 pieces
2. Handle – 2 pieces
3. Bottom – 1 piece
4. Facing – 2 pieces
5. Ring holder – 4 pieces
1. Bag lining – 2pieces
2. Large sacking – 1 piece
3. Small sacking – 1 piece
4. Partition pocket – 2 pieces
Fusing: center part, facing, bottom, handles.
1. Apply the fusing to wrong side of center part, facing, bottom, handles.
2. Stitch facing’s side edges.
3. Mark inner pocket at the lining. Strengthen zipper place with the fusing. Cut a slit along the pocket entrance, make slashes at 1-1.5 cm from pocket end. Fold seam allowances into left side. Lay the zipper under pocket entrance edge with its teeth visible. Topstitch pocket entrance at 0.2 cm front the edge. Stitch large sacking to zipper upper braid, stitch small sacking to lower braid. Stitch lining edges.
4. Cut lining flaps of 4 cm length and 2 cm width. Fold partition pocket’s upper allowances into wrong side, then topstitch. Lay flaps half-and-half, lay them on the zipper's both sides. Lay partition pocket pieces on the zipper (lining does not hide zipper teeth), then topstitch. Cut zipper ends so that the zipper does not overlap side allowances.
5. Stitch lining side/lower edges inserting the partition pocket. Leave a hole in one of side seams to turn the bag right side out. Stitch lining corners.
6. Fold ring holder half-and-half, wrong side out, then overstitch its long edge. Turn the detail right side out and fold half-and-half.
7. Stitch main parts’ middle edges. Fold the allowance sidewise and make decorative stitch at 0.5 cm from the seam.
8. Stitch bag’s side edges. Stitch the bottom to the bag.
9. Lay facing on the lining right sides together. Insert the zipper between the facing and the bag. Stitch the zipper to the mark slashing allowances near the mark. Continue stitching crosswise the zipper catching facing/lining allowances.
10. Stitch lining bottom to bag lining slashing corners.
11. Lay the lining on the bag right sides together. Pull rings into ring holders; insert ring holders between the bag and the lining. Overstitch along upper edge. Turn the bag right side out through the hole. Make decorative stitching at 0.2 cm from upper edge.
12. Fold the handle along the center, wrong side out, then overstitch long edge. Turn the detail right side out and press it. Make decorative stitch at 0.2 cm from the edge. Pull handle end into the ring, fold the allowances under, then topstitch
Stitch the hole. Decorate the bag with he cord and clasps.