YOU NEED: whipcord; lining; fusing; 2 zippers (depending on pocket’s length); elastic braid of 4.5 cm width for waistband; elastic cord for hems; 4 metal blocks; cord for waistband.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
SEAM ALLOWANCE: 1 cm for all seams, 4.5 cm for hems, 0 cm for lining hems (lining reaches hem line).
ATTENTION! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric details).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE COINCIDING!
1. Front part – 2 pieces
2. Back part – 2 pieces
3. Waistband – 1 piece
4. Large sacking – 2 pieces
5. Small sacking – 2 pieces
6. Off-set welt – 2 pieces
7. Front part – 2 pieces
8. Back part – 2 pieces
1. Apply the fusing to wrong side of off-set welt, press it along the center. Apply the fusing to pocket place. Mark a line determining ready welt’s width on the welt. Topstitch the trimming on welt’s outer side (welt’s outer side coincides with front part’s right side). Stitch the welt. Cut pocket entrance between marking lines diagonally towards pocket marking’s corners. Turn the welt wrong side out. Press seam allowances apart. Lay the zipper under pocket entrance. Stitch the zipper at 0.1 cm from pocket entrance on front part’s right side. Stitch small sacking to zipper’s lower braid, then fold it under. Stitch large sacking to zipper’s upper braid. Stitch sackings’ edges. Sackings’ edges must enter into seam joining the waistband.
2. Stitch side seams, then topstitch. Stitch middle seams and topstitch along left part.
3. Mark lines of topstitching the elastic braid at waistband. Pierce 2 holes (at 8 cm distance) for cord between topstitchings at front part’s middle seam level. Stitch separately waistband and elastic braid in ring. Insert elastic braid into waistband, stretch the braid to waistband’s length and make 2 decorative stitches. Stitch the waistband to trousers catching elastic braid.
4. Stitch lining’s side seams and middle seam. Stitch the lining to garment’s waistband.
5. Set blocks into hems. Press hems first at 1 cm, then 3.5 cm under.
6. Stitch fabric/lining inside leg seams.
7. Topstitch hems’ allowances.
8. Press ready trousers.
9. Pull cords into waistband and hems.