6102 SMOCK WITH HOOD
YOU NEED: jersey or fleece; 1 separable zipper (depending on yoke’s length); elastic cord for hood; 2 holders for cord.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
SEAM ALLOWANCE: 1 cm for all seams, 2.5 cm for garment/sleeve hems and for hood front edge.
ATTENTION! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric details).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE COINCIDING!
1. Front part – 1 piece
2. Back part – 1 piece
3. Sleeve – 2 pieces
4. Font yoke – 2 pieces
5. Hood – 2 pieces
6. Hood center part – 1 piece
7. Front band – 2 pieces
8. Sacking – 4 pieces
9. Back facing – 1 piece
ADVICE: to prevent seam from stiffing, sew details with special (zig zag) stitch. To prevent hem from stiffing neaten it with overlock and then stitch using double needle. Do the same for all edges which must stay elastic.
The above is not for industrial manufacturing.
1. Lay one part of zipper on edging right sides together (directing teeth from edging). Overstitch edgings with front bands inserting the zipper.
2. Stitch sackings to pocket entrance’s edge. Slash allowance and press sackings. Stitch sackings together.
3. Stitch the yoke with front band to front part. Stitch shoulder edges. Stitch sleeves into open armholes. Topstitch seams joining sleeves along armholes. Stitch side seams and sleeve seams. Stitch hood details together. Neaten hood loops. Fold hood front edge’s allowance under and topstitch it. Stitch the hood into neckline. Stitch back facing to front band. Overstitch the neckline. Topstitch the seam joining the zipper. Topstitch pockets and make fixes.
4. Press garment/sleeve hems under. Topstitch garment/sleeve hems.
5. Topstitch facing on back part according to marks.
6. Press ready garment.
7. Pull the cord into hood.