6103 SMOCK WITH HOOD
YOU NEED: jersey/fleece; 1 separable zipper (depending on front length including stand-up collar’s height); elastic braid for hood; 2 holders for cord.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
SEAM ALLOWANCE: 1 cm for all seams, 2.5 cm for garment/sleeve hems, 0 cm for hood’s stand-up edge.
ATTENTION! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric details).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE COINCIDING!
1. Front part – 1 piece
2. Back part – 1 piece
3. Sleeve – 2 pieces
4. Hood – 2 pieces
5. Hood center part – 1 piece
6. Hood facing – 1 piece
7. Front band – 1 piece
8. Pocket – 1 piece
9. Back facing – 1 piece
ADVICE: to prevent seam from stiffing, sew details with special (zig zag) stitch. To prevent hem from stiffing neaten it with overlock and then stitch using double needle. Do the same for all edges which must stay elastic.
The above is not for industrial manufacturing.
1. Fold allowances under and stitch them to pocket entrance’s edge. Press allowances along pocket contour. Stitch the pocket on front part in accordance with marking. Make fixing stitch along pocket’s center.
2. Stitch shoulder edges. Stitch sleeves into open armholes. Topstitch seams joining sleeves along armholes. Stitch side seams and sleeves seams. Stitch hood details together. Stitch the hood into neckline. Neaten hood loops according to marks.
3. Cut front part and font band along line marking zipper, with diagonal slashes towards corner point. Press allowances apart. Stitch the zipper in. Overstitch hood edges with facing. Stitch front band to zipper braids. Stitch back facing to front band. Overstitch the neckline. Topstitch the hood and the seam joining zipper.
4. Topstitch smock/sleeve hems under.
5. Topstitch the facing on back part according to marks.
6. Press ready smock.
7. Pull the cord into the hood.