YOU NEED: whipcord; fusing; elastic braid of 4.5 cm for waistband; cord for waistband.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
SEAM ALLOWANCE: 1 cm for all seams, 4.5 cm for garment hems.
ATTENTION! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric details).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE COINCIDING!
1. Left front part – 1 piece
2. Left small insert – 1 piece
3. Left large insert – 1 piece
4. Left lower part – 1 piece
5. Right front part – 1 piece
6. Right small insert – 1 piece
7. Right large insert – 1 piece
8. Right side part – 1 piece
9. Back part – 2 pieces
10. Waistband – 1 piece
11. Sacking – 4 pieces
1. Stitch right/left front parts separately. Press seams.
2. Stitch sackings to back part and front parts according to marks. Slash allowances at pocket entrance’s marks. Turn sackings right side out, press and topstitch. Stitch sackings. Stitch side seams. Make fixings at pocket entrance.
3. Press hems first at 1 cm, then 3.5 cm under. Stitch front seams and back middle seams. Topstitch along left part. Stitch inside leg seams.
4. Mark lines of topstitching the elastic braid at waistband. Pierce 2 holes (at 8 cm distance) for cord between topstitchings at front part’s middle seam level. Stitch separately waistband and elastic braid in ring. Insert elastic braid into waistband, stretch the braid to waistband’s length and make 2 decorative stitches. Stitch the waistband to trousers catching elastic braid.
5. Topstitch hem allowances.
6. Press ready shorts.
7. Pull the cord into the waistband.