YOU NEED: whipcord; lining; fusing; elastic braid of 4.5 cm width for waistband; elastic cord for trousers hem; 4 metal clocks; cord for waistband; trimming cord.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
SEAM ALLOWANCE: 1 cm for all seams, 4.5 cm for hems, 0 cm form lining edge (lining reaches garment’s hem).
ATTENTION! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric details).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE COINCIDING!
1. Front part – 2 pieces
2. back part – 2 pieces
3. Front insert – 2 pieces
4. Back insert – 2 pieces
5. Waistband – 1 piece
6. Sacking – 4 pieces
7. Side part – 2 pieces
Cut bias 2 fabric stripes of 3.5 cm width for trimming. Stripes’ length depend on trimming’s length.
NB! After trimming is ready, there must remain seam allowance of 1 cm. Otherwise, one must regulate width of cut stripes self.
8. Front part – 2 pieces
9. Back part – 2 pieces
1. Reinforce pocket entrance at sacking. Stitch sackings along pocket entrance and turn into right side. Topstitch pocket entrance. Lay sackings on side part along coincidence line and stitch all details to front part. Topstitch the seam.
2. Stitch stripes together, press seams. Fold ready stripe along the center, insert the cord and make a stitch along cord’s contour.
3. Stitch side inserts to front/back parts inserting trimming. Stitch side seams, then topstitch. Stitch middle seams, topstitch along left part.
4. Mark lines of topstitching the elastic braid at waistband. Pierce 2 holes (at 8 cm distance) for cord between topstitchings at front part’s middle seam level. Stitch separately waistband and elastic braid in ring. Insert elastic braid into waistband, stretch the braid to waistband’s length and make 2 decorative stitches. Stitch the waistband to trousers catching elastic braid.
5. Stitch lining’s side seams and middle seam. Stitch the lining to garment’s waistband.
6. Set blocks into hems. Press hems first at 1 cm, then 3.5 cm under.
7. Stitch fabric/lining inside leg seams.
8. Topstitch hems.
9. Press ready trousers.
10. Pull cords into trouser hems.