6100 TROUSERS WITH PATCH POCKETS
YOU NEED: jersey or fleece; fusing; 4.5 cm width elastic braid for waistband; cord for waistband; Velcro.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
SEAM ALLOWANCE: 1 cm for all seams, 3 cm for garment hems.
ATTENTION! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric details).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE COINCIDING!
1. Front part – 2 pieces
2. Side part – 2 pieces
3. Back part – 2 pieces
4. Waistband – 1 piece
5. Front pocket – 2 pieces
6. Back pocket – 1 piece
ADVICE: to prevent seam from stiffing, sew details with special (zig zag) stitch. To prevent hem from stiffing neaten it with overlock and then stitch using double needle. Do the same for all edges which must stay elastic.
The above is not for industrial manufacturing.
1. Press font pocket’s upper edges under and topstitch it. Lay the pocket on side part along marking of pocket’s lower edge, right sides together (pocket’s upper edges towards trouser hems). Topstitch the pocket along lower edge. Fold the pocket upwards and press it.
2. Press back pocket’s upper edge under and topstitch it. Press back pocket’s allowances under. Topstitch Velcro. Topstitch the pocket in according to marking.
3. Stitch front seams catching pocket’s edges. Topstitch front seams. Stitch side seams, then topstitch. Stitch middle seams, them topstitch along left part.
4. Mark lines of topstitching the elastic braid at waistband. Pierce 2 holes (at 8 cm distance) for cord between topstitchings at front part’s middle seam level. Stitch separately waistband and elastic braid in ring. Insert elastic braid into waistband, stretch the braid to waistband’s length and make 2 decorative stitches. Stitch the waistband to trousers catching elastic braid.
5. Press hems into wrong side.
6. Stitch inside leg edges.
7. Topstitch hems.
8. Press ready trousers.
9. Pull the cord into waistband.