6104 SMOCK WITH COLOURED INSERTS
YOU NEED: jersey or fleece; cord for collar; 2 holders for cord.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
SEAM ALLOWANCE: 1 cm for all seams, 2.5 cm for garment/sleeve hem.
ATTENTION! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric details).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE COINCIDING!
1. Front part – 1 piece
2. Upper front insert – 1 piece
3. Middle front insert – 1 piece
4. Lower front part – 1 piece
5. Back part – 1 piece
6. Upper back part – 1 piece
7. Middle back part – 1 piece
8. Lower back part – 1 piece
9. Upper sleeve – 2 pieces
10. Upper sleeve – 2 pieces
11. Sleeve middle insert – 2 pieces
12. Lower sleeve – 2 pieces
13. Collar – 1 piece
ADVICE: to prevent seam from stiffing, sew details with special (zig zag) stitch. To prevent hem from stiffing neaten it with overlock and then stitch using double needle. Do the same for all edges which must stay elastic.
The above is not for industrial manufacturing.
1. Stitch inserts to front part. Topstitch inserts. Stitch inserts to back part, then topstitch. Stitch inserts to sleeves, then topstitch sleeves. Stitch shoulder edges. Stitch sleeves into open armholes. Topstitch seams joining sleeves along armholes. Stitch side seams to sleeve seams leasing slit segments unstitched.
2. Make holes for cord into collar. Stitch the collar in ring, then fold it along the center. Make decorative stitch for coulisse at 1,5 cm from folding. Stitch the collar into neckline, with the seam that joins the collar, close to left shoulder edges. Topstitch the seam joining the collar with stretchable stitch.
3. Press garment/sleeve hems. Topstitch garment hem, slits and sleeve hems.
4. Press ready garment.
5. Pull the cord into collar.