FABRIC: COTTON ELASTIC OR
YOU WILL ALSO NEED: contrast coloured fabric for trimming.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
ATTENTION! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric pieces).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE MATCHING!
ADVICE: to prevent seam from stiffing, sew pieces with special (zigzag) stitch. To prevent hem from stiffing neaten it with overlocker and then stitch using double needle. Do the same for all edges must stay elastic.
The above is not for industrial manufacturing.
1. Front - 1 folded piece
2. Back - 1 folded piece
3. Crotch gusset – 2 pieces.
4. Waistband – 1 piece
5. Leg opening facing – 2 pieces
1. Pin the crotch gussets right side to ride side sandwiching the back piece between them and stitch. Stitch the front piece to the upper crotch gusset right sides inside. Stitch the under crotch gusset to the front piece by hands.
2. Stitch the leg opening facing side edges ; stitch them to the leg openings. Turn the facings above the edges to the wrong side of the pants; fold the facing’s lower edges under and topstitch them on the right side of the garment through the previously made seam.
3. Stitch the waistband side edges together. Stitch the waistband to the pants top edge. Turn the waistband around the edge to the wrong side of the pants; fold the raw edge under and topstitch it working on the right side through the previously made seam.