YOU NEED: natural/mixed fabric; concealed zip of 25 cm length; fusing.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
SEAM ALLOWANCE: 1 cm for all seams, 2 cm for hem.
NB! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric details).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE COINCIDING!
1. Back part – 2 pieces
2. Upper front part – 4 pieces
3. Lower front part – 1 piece
4. Back facing – 2 pieces
5. Front facing – 1 piece
1. Apply the fusing to wrong side of front/back facings.
2. Stitch front/back waist darts. Press front darts towards front center, press back darts towards back center.
3. Lay front parts right sides together and overstitch along center edge. Overstitch pieces along upper/lower edges. Stop overstitching 1 cm before center seam. Overstitch lower edge between the notch and center seam. Make notch at lower edge toward the stitch. Turn details right side out and press them. Make decorative stitch along center seam at 1 cm from edge.
4. Stitch upper front part to lower front part (between side seam and the notch). Overstitch lower front part’s upper edge with the facing. Turn the seam right side out and press it. Neaten facing’s lower edge.
5. Neaten middle back edge. Stitch middle back edge up to closure slit. Press middle back seam apart pressing closure slits.
6. Neaten back facing’s lower edge.
7. Lay back facing on back part right sides together. 5 mm before the zipper: fold the lining out and pin it to dress’s upper edge. Fold closure allowances into right side and pin them to upper edge (over the facing). Stitch upper edges together. Fold closure allowances into wrong side. Fold the lining upwards and topstitch on the seam allowance at 1-2 mm from the seam. Fold the lining into wrong side and fix it to zipper braid. Press details.
8. Turn back part wrong side out. Insert front part between back part and facing, then stitch side edges together. Neaten side edges. Turn the dress right side out, press seams backwards.
9. Neaten the hem, fold it under and topstitch at 1.5 cm from lower edge.
10. Cut shoulder strap. Fold the strap along the center wrong side out and make the stitch at 0.5 cm from bending. Turn the detail right side out and press it. Pull the strap through holes into upper front pare; tie the strap as is shown on the picture.